LIVE YOUR LIFE WITH PASSION, GRACE, AND LOVE EACH AND EVERY DAY

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Yoga Everyday for a Year - DAYS 183-189

DAYS 183 - 189 - (Week 6)

So last week was very busy for me, so I am compiling my week of posts into ONE.

Week 6 in my book was called Listening Inward. It is all about finding a little time to turn inward to the point where you are fully present in the moment and where all internal movement is as fully observed as external movement is... It focuses on forward bends and restorative poses. The forward bends literally fold you so that your senses (eyes, ears, mouth, and nose) turn toward yourself. They help to allow you to observe what is taking place within your body. Restorative poses help you to observe the sensations of your body without identifying with them. As surface noise begins to quiet, the deep inner workings of your mind, body, and breath become exposed.

This week of forward bends and restorative poses came at a perfect time. My next week is actually even busier, so I am debating whether to repeat this week, or do the Moon practice each day this week as I happened to start my "woman cycle" today! I will decide on Monday... :)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment