LIVE YOUR LIFE WITH PASSION, GRACE, AND LOVE EACH AND EVERY DAY

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Yoga Everyday for a Year - DAY 176

DAY 176 - (Week 5 Day 1 of 8 week challenge) "Facing the Unknown"

Half way through my book, yeah!! This week's focus is called "Facing the Unknown," which is doing inverted poses. Some people have a fear of going upside down, especially in yoga postures. This week helps to give you safe and playful variations of some of the inversions, like handstand and shoulderstand. It's not important that you can fully do them, but focusing on your discovery of how you can relax in a possible threatening situation and having a sense of fun towards them.

I personally love inversions! I adore handstands and find it fun to do them often, even randomly out in public sometimes. When I worked with children, this was a fun thing for me to do for them because they loved to watch me go upside down. When I do handstands, I feel like such a kid! They make me smile, giggle, and feel young again!  

No comments:

Post a Comment