LIVE YOUR LIFE WITH PASSION, GRACE, AND LOVE EACH AND EVERY DAY

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Yoga Everyday for a Year - DAY 72

DAY 72 - If I have a busy day, or just don't get around to my yoga during the day; I really look forward to surrendering to my yoga practice at night. My evening didn't quite go like I had planned....being so tired and I burned my husbands dinner! I attempted doing some yoga asana in my room after my son was asleep, but I just wasn't feeling it. I decided to lay next to my sleeping son instead and watched his breathing and try to breath with him. Babies breath fully from their belly. As we grow and acquire stress, we start to breath more shallow and quicker, which in turn causes more stress. If we slow down our breathing, then we will calm our mind and promote relaxation. As I laid with him, I smelled his hair, took longer breaths, and was "present" with him in this precious moment. What a beautiful way to practice my yoga tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment