LIVE YOUR LIFE WITH PASSION, GRACE, AND LOVE EACH AND EVERY DAY

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Yoga Everyday for a Year - DAY 73

DAY 73 - The weather has just been fantastic! Clear blue skies, gentle breeze, and in the 70's. Just perfect! We have opened all the windows up in the house to let in all the fresh air. I love Spring! So today while my son was napping I was able to do an afternoon yoga practice. My mat was facing out my back porch so I could see the trees and watch the birds. I chose a yoga sequence from my Yoga Journal. The article was "5 twists to Bring Your Body Into Balance." I warmed up with several sun salutations, then did the twists recommended in the article. Three of them I had never seen before and were quite challenging. I love playing with new and challenging positions, which keeps me motivated and pushes me to a deeper level. When doing these, I had to slow down and be mindful of what I am doing in each position. This helps me develop my patience on and off the mat.

No comments:

Post a Comment