LIVE YOUR LIFE WITH PASSION, GRACE, AND LOVE EACH AND EVERY DAY

Friday, March 9, 2012

Yoga Everyday for a Year - DAY 68

DAY 68 - Happy Friday!! Tonight I tried a candle gazing meditation. You can use any object for this type of meditation, but I chose a candle. I also put on some soft music to drown out any house sounds. I sat in a dark room and closed my eyes to center and clear my mind. My mind didn't want to stay very still and I kept thinking about what am I going to write for my blog! After a couple minutes of bringing my focus back to center, I opened my eyes and started to stare at the candle. It was really beautiful and the flame seemed to dance with the music. Using the flame as a focal point really helped me keep my mind free and clear. After several minutes of watching the flame dance, I closed my eyes again. The image of flame and outline of the candle where now burned in to my closed eye view. I now had a focal point while my eyes where closed! As time went on, I stayed focused on the colors. The colors kept changing, and finally the image of the flame went black, then disappeared. Once it was gone, I opened my eyes and took a few deep breaths and finished. As someone who finds it hard to stay focused when meditation, this was a great way to help me sweep other thoughts aside and just be present.

No comments:

Post a Comment