LIVE YOUR LIFE WITH PASSION, GRACE, AND LOVE EACH AND EVERY DAY

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Yoga Everyday for a Year - DAY 33

DAY 33- "Have patience; it will benefit you" a quote from Yogi tea. When I am sick, I don't like to take medicine for 2 reasons. First, I prefer to treat myself naturally if this is possible. Medicine can sometimes inhibit the healing process, therefore possibly slowing it down. Of course it can be necessary in some circumstances. Second, since I breastfeed my baby, I don't want the medicines to enter into my milk. My point is, when I am sick I usually like to be patient and let my body heal itself. I treat myself with rest, water, tea, and gentle yoga. I feel that I usually heal quicker this way.
Today I'm feeling much better! I am still taking it easy so I can completely heal. I did "bath yoga" tonight. :) While my wonderful husband got our son ready for bed, I ran a hot bath filled with Eucalyptus bubble bath, put on my nature sounds, lit a candle, and sipped a tropical smoothie. I did some deep breathing and meditation. This was SO relaxing!! Once I was out of the bath (and my son was asleep) I continued with a couple seated stretches to take the extra tension away and prepare my body and mind for a peaceful sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment