LIVE YOUR LIFE WITH PASSION, GRACE, AND LOVE EACH AND EVERY DAY

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Yoga Everyday for a Year - DAY 53

DAY 53 - The last few nights I have had very little sleep due to my son waking so often and crying. I'm guessing it's teething...anyway today I felt so tired. I decided to do some Yoga Nidra. Yoga Nidra is basically a very deep meditation or "sleep-like" state. It's like a conscious deep sleep, similar to hypnosis where you come out of it feeling rested and feel like you have been sleeping. After I did the 22 minute yoga nidra session, I felt really good and rested for several hours. During the session it felt closer to an hour that I was listening, but it was only about 20mins. Now it's almost 5pm and I am feeling sleepy again. Maybe I need to do it again? ;-)

http://www.myyogaonline.com/videos/meditation/short-practice-yoga-nidra-session---audio-practice

No comments:

Post a Comment