LIVE YOUR LIFE WITH PASSION, GRACE, AND LOVE EACH AND EVERY DAY

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Yoga Everyday for a Year - DAY 46

DAY 46 - I was on the move today: baby story-time, getting my Ohio driver's license, bringing lunch to my wonderful husband, Mateus's 6 month doctors appointment, dinner with friends from Brazil...so on busy days like this how do you fit some yoga into your day? I can always do an early or late night practice, but my solution today was yoga in my car. Yes, in my car! How you ask? Simple...

After my son's doctors appointment, and 4 shots later (poor little guy) he fell deeply asleep. I still had an hour to kill before picking up my husband and I didn't want to go home because I would have had to get back out again right away. Since Mateus was sleeping, I thought I would just stay in the car and do some yoga. I went through the starbucks drive through, got a hot chocolate, and parked. I turned on my iphone to my "Nature Sounds" app, closed my eyes for a few minutes and let my mind relax and my breath take over. After a few minutes I went into some seated stretches: a twist (using the steering wheel as some resistance), triceps arm stretches, neck rolls, a side bend, eagle arm shoulder stretch, and a chest opener (arms behind the back holding elbows). Voila!! Yoga in the car...just another example of how you can fit yoga in almost anytime and anywhere. And my hot chocolate was waiting for me at the end..Bliss! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment