LIVE YOUR LIFE WITH PASSION, GRACE, AND LOVE EACH AND EVERY DAY

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Yoga Everyday for a Year - DAY 56


DAY 56 - It was Yoga with Mateus this evening, my little Yogi! We tried to do the sequence from the book, Baby OM - Yoga for Mothers and Babies. We "kind of" followed along... Mateus was sooooo tired, so it actually worked in my advantage. He basically sat on my mat, or close to my mat and played with a toy most of the time. He is crawling now and sitting up great, so if he was really awake and active, it would be much more difficult doing yoga with him.

We had fun while it lasted... I would try to engage him by reaching and tickling him, making funny faces, or blowing raspberries on him when he got close to me. In Downward Facing Dog, he was sitting under me, so my face and his were in direct contact. He liked this because I would do something silly to make him laugh each time I would go in the pose. I put him on my lap in Boat pose and would extend and then bend my legs and tickle him. His favorite is still airplane; me on my back with my knees bent and him on my knees "flying." We do this quite often. Its great on the abs! After about 15 minutes he crawled off and got too fussy so yoga was over.

I need to try to do at least a couple poses each day with him, or let him watch me do some, so as he gets older he will "hopefully" want to do some on his own! He is already getting good at Down Dog; and often I see him go into poses such as Plank, Pigeon and Bound Angle as he is exploring his world.

No comments:

Post a Comment