LIVE YOUR LIFE WITH PASSION, GRACE, AND LOVE EACH AND EVERY DAY

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Yoga Everyday for a Year - DAY 44

DAY 44 - Happy Valentines Day! I hope everyone had a day filled with Love! Today I went to a yoga class at the YMCA where I work out. I haven't been to a "live" yoga class (that I wasn't teaching) in several years! When I lived in New Zealand, I was teaching 6 days a week, so it was challenging to get to a class. In Brazil and since I have had my son, I have only done yoga at home by video, or my own practice.

Going to a live class can be important for one's practice. Even if you have been doing yoga for years and years, it is still good to go and have an instructor give you feedback and adjustments. Even as an instructor myself, I am not perfect in my postures and will always need guidance. I enjoyed the class today because I was able to completely get lost in the class. My son was at daycare, so I did not have to worry if he would be waking up or needing me. My intention was to try to focus on the breath and leave all my worries and thoughts at the door. This was ME TIME! The class was nice and not too challenging, which was just what I wanted today. I'm hoping to make this class a weekly habit.

No comments:

Post a Comment