LIVE YOUR LIFE WITH PASSION, GRACE, AND LOVE EACH AND EVERY DAY

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Yoga Everyday for a Year - DAY 38

DAY 38- I have yet to get on my mat and not feel great afterwards. There are some days where I feel like skipping my practice for one reason or another, but once I get on the mat and get moving or breathing, my mood is lifted and my heart radiates.

Today I did a Vinyasa sequence with one of my favorite instructors, Clara Roberts-Oss. It was called In a Heartbeat Vinyasa Yoga. Her classes are smooth and move with such grace and I feel like a dancer. During this sequence she spoke of how there are 3 rhythms in the body, the heart, the breath, and brainwaves. We are only able to manipulate one of them, the breath. If we slow down our breath we slow down our heart rate, therefore slowing our brainwaves. This allows us to become more present in the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment