LIVE YOUR LIFE WITH PASSION, GRACE, AND LOVE EACH AND EVERY DAY

Monday, February 6, 2012

Yoga Everyday for a Year - DAY 37

DAY 37 - Setting an Intention (a determination to act in a certain way). I had time this morning to do my yoga during my son's first nap. I love doing yoga at this time of day if I can. I chose a 15 minute morning practice. The instructor talked about how if you only have a few minutes, then your practice should be effective as well as gentle on the body. She also reminded us that we should set our intention for ourselves each morning for that day. This is a perfect way to take your yoga off the mat and live it throughout your day. Even the smallest intention you set for yourself can have positive impacts on yourself as well as everyone around you. My intention I set for myself this morning was to go about my day as self-less as possible. So throughout the day, I kept reminding myself this intention. As a result, I felt good about my daily actions and made more of an effort to think of others first. I even found myself smiling more than usual, especially at strangers. Now each morning I will take a few moments, even if I am not doing my yoga practice yet, to sit and choose my intention for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment