LIVE YOUR LIFE WITH PASSION, GRACE, AND LOVE EACH AND EVERY DAY

Monday, January 23, 2012

DAY 23 - Day 15 of YJ Challenge - It's the last week of the YJ 21 day Challenge. The sequences have been getting increasingly more challenging, and with only a few days of repeat classes. I really enjoy the sequences that have a certain "focus" and YJ is great at creating them.

The sequence today was a "lead up" sequence to Hanumanasana, or Splits. I don't often do the splits in my own yoga practice, but I have done many of the poses that we did today to lead up to splits. I'm not really sure why I never continue and go all the way into splits, but I guess it's because I usually forget about it as a yoga pose. I'm glad we did this sequence today because from now on I will continue to add the splits into my practice. I can go fairly deep into them, so why not do them! It's a great way to open the hamstrings and calf muscles.

No comments:

Post a Comment