LIVE YOUR LIFE WITH PASSION, GRACE, AND LOVE EACH AND EVERY DAY

Monday, January 30, 2012

Yoga Everyday for a Year - DAY 30

DAY 30 - I feel like a train hit me today! My son caught a cold over the weekend and now I have it. I can't breathe, my head hurts, and I have a slight fever... So now what to do about Yoga? Who wants to do Yoga when you feel like this!? I Googled "Yoga for a cold," and found an article from Yoga Journal called Feel Better with 6 poses to do when you feel sick. http://www.yogajournal.com/health/117

First the article tells you to wrap your head with an ace bandage, which I did not have. I used a scarf instead, which I had to double around my head and tie in the front. I looked a little ridiculous! Even my 6 month old son was laughing at the fringes in front of my head. Anyway, I kept it on the whole time and the pressure did help my head feel a bit better while it was on. I did the 6 poses and stayed in them a few minutes each. The sequence helped me to take some time out for myself and I know it is a small step closer to helping me to feel better.

If you get sick this Winter, be strong and try a Yoga sequence to help you to feel better!

No comments:

Post a Comment