LIVE YOUR LIFE WITH PASSION, GRACE, AND LOVE EACH AND EVERY DAY

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Yoga Everyday for a Year - DAY 11

DAY 11 - Day 3 of YJ Challenge - One down side to not being able to pick your own yoga practice each day is if you don't feel well, or some other obstacle. Today was one of those days for me. The YJ video today was a sequence focusing mainly on the Core area. I really didn't feel up to this sequence today! I attempted it, but about half way through I ended up doing some easy stretches and resting a lot in child's pose.

This is a good reminder that with yoga you should always go at your own pace and do what feels good to you in the moment. This is one reason why I love yoga! It's not competitive and it is your own personal journey and experience that matters. As long as you are getting on "the mat" and attempting a pose, breathing, or meditation, you are taking a step towards a better body, mind, and soul. I say "the mat" because yoga can be done anywhere at anytime and it certainly does not have to be done on a mat! :) In fact most of my favorite places I have done some form of yoga; were out in nature somewhere without a mat.

No comments:

Post a Comment