LIVE YOUR LIFE WITH PASSION, GRACE, AND LOVE EACH AND EVERY DAY

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Yoga Everyday for a Year - DAY 1

Here we go!! I was so excited to get back on my yoga mat today! My wonderful husband even took my son out shopping so I could have the house to myself on the first day. I pulled out the yoga mat from the closet, cleared the clutter of baby toys to create a space, and smiled as I unrolled in onto the floor. I was a little worried that the plethora of baby things would be a distraction as I practiced, but once I began I had forgotten about all the things around me.

I chose to do a sequence that I had done dozens of times while I was pregnant. It is actually geared towards pregnant women, but since I found it so relaxing and a complete body stretch during my pregnancy, I though it would be a perfect sequence to start off with. It was a 30min sequence and I was able to work out some of the kinks in my neck and back. As a new mom, my back and arms have really suffered the most from all the lifting, bending and carrying I do with my baby.


Overall the Yoga felt amazing! I was pleased at how my body fell into each pose so easily, even after months of no yoga. The challenges I found today were that my thoughts were all over the place, my balance was really off, I have a lot of work to do on my breathing and I need to create a better space for my yoga practice at home. I can't wait until tomorrow!

http://www.myyogaonline.com/videos/yoga/prenatal-yoga---relaxing-flow Here is the link to the sequence I did today. I LOVE my yoga online! 100's of yoga videos to explore.

No comments:

Post a Comment