LIVE YOUR LIFE WITH PASSION, GRACE, AND LOVE EACH AND EVERY DAY

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Yoga Everyday for a Year - DAY 10

DAY 10 - Day 2 of YJ Challenge - Today was a little harder getting my yoga time in. During the morning I could not get Mateus to take a nap, then I left the house at 12:30pm and did not get home until 8:30pm. I was on the mat at 8:40pm.

The Yoga Journal (YJ) video today was Standing Poses with Jason Crandell. I have done his yoga videos before and I really like him. The sequence started off with a couple reclining leg stretches to warm up and prepare the legs for standing poses. Then he takes you through Warrior I and II, Extended Side Angle and Reverse, Triangle and Reverse, Half Moon and Tree. I love his detailed directions and descriptions of each pose and it is easy to follow without looking at the screen. I even learned a few verbal cues from him that I can use in my own classes. Overall, I felt very good and strong in each pose. This was a great foundation sequence for all the basic standing poses!

No comments:

Post a Comment