LIVE YOUR LIFE WITH PASSION, GRACE, AND LOVE EACH AND EVERY DAY

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Yoga Everyday for a year - DAY 12

DAY 12- YJ Challenge Day 4 - The YJ sequence today was Hip Openers. One of my favorite areas to concentrate on in yoga is the hips. Hip openers are beneficial to the body in so many ways. They not only stretch the hip and thigh muscles, but they also help with back and knee pain. It is also believed that most people store their stress and emotions in this area.
I loved loved LOVED this sequence today! Hip openers feel so good to me and I enjoyed learning some new techniques and variations of some of the usual poses. Once you can really open the hips; you can get deeper into some of the standing postures too. I definitely feel less stressed and relaxed when I do these.

No comments:

Post a Comment