LIVE YOUR LIFE WITH PASSION, GRACE, AND LOVE EACH AND EVERY DAY

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Yoga Everyday for a Year - DAY 26

DAY 26 - YJ Challenge Day 18 - I didn't get around to yoga until almost 7pm tonight, so I was feeling a little sluggish once I did. It was one of those nights where I wish I could pick my sequence instead of doing the chosen YJ sequence. If there wasn't 3 days left of the challenge, then I would probably have switched the class tonight.

The YJ sequence tonight was a "lead up" sequence to Wheel Pose. Once I was half way through the sequence, I really wished I had done a different sequence tonight. I just wasn't up to this type of class today. I needed a relaxing evening sequence to ease my soul instead.

We did many sun salutations, with an emphasis on Cobra, Upward Facing Dog, and Locust. These are all gentle backbends to warm up the back for the more intense backbend, Wheel. I can do wheel fairly easy and normally welcome it, but I started getting a little headache. That was my cue that it was time to finish up. I went down into Child's Pose for 5 minutes, then called it a night. ALWAYS listen to your body!

No comments:

Post a Comment