LIVE YOUR LIFE WITH PASSION, GRACE, AND LOVE EACH AND EVERY DAY

Monday, January 16, 2012

Yoga Everyday for a Year - DAY 16

DAY 16 - Day 8 of YJ Challenge - The sequence today focused on gentle Shoulder Openers. The whole class was done in a chair, but I chose to sit on my yoga mat instead. This class was very slow and used gentle flowing movements of the arms to release shoulder and neck tension. This is a sequence that can easily be done at work, or sitting just about anywhere.

I found the breathing exercise we began with (sitali) to be beneficial by cooling and relaxing my mind. I then kept my eyes closed for most of the movements. When I finished the video, I still felt some soreness in my shoulders. The movements lubricated the joints and released some tension, but I needed a little more. I continued with an additional shoulder stretch (Eagle Arm stretch) and then in Child's Pose with my arms straight out. This helped my stiff shoulders more intensely.

No comments:

Post a Comment