LIVE YOUR LIFE WITH PASSION, GRACE, AND LOVE EACH AND EVERY DAY

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Yoga Everyday for a Year - DAY 3

DAY 3 - As a "stay at home mom" of a 5 month old son (Mateus), I have to plan my yoga-time accordingly. This means that if I plan to do yoga at home during the day, I need to do it while my baby is napping or include my him in my practice. Today I did my yoga during his nap, but I have ordered a couple of books which are geared toward mommy and baby yoga which I should get this week. I can't wait to have this bonding time with my son by including him in my yoga! In the future he will be able to join me in his own little yoga practise! How cute! :)
Once Mateus was asleep this afternoon, I found a sequence on the yoga journal website that was geared towards back bends. http://www.yogajournal.com/video/230 I need to include more back bends in my daily practice to counteract all the bending forward I do all day when changing diapers or picking up my baby. The back bend sequence today was perfect. I even added a few more poses (shoulder stand, plough, and a spinal twist) at the end of the video. I decided that I will try to include these poses daily to help my back.

No comments:

Post a Comment