LIVE YOUR LIFE WITH PASSION, GRACE, AND LOVE EACH AND EVERY DAY

Monday, January 2, 2012

Yoga Everyday for a Year - DAY 2


Day 2! I put the baby down for a nap, hubby is building our new furniture, and I go into the spare room to do my yoga because the living room is full of boxes and furniture parts.
Today I decide to find a short sequence from www.yogajournal.com. I LOVE all the resources online for Yoga. Yoga Journal is Free and AWESOME! There are dozens of Yoga videos that range from 5-35 minutes.
I chose a hip opening and twist sequence. Every pose feels amazing and I feel like I want to stay in them forever. My body is loving this! I realize that I keep clenching my teeth...something that I have always had an issue with and I have to consistently remind myself to relax my jaw. I remember what I heard from a yoga instructor ages ago about putting my tongue to the roof of my mouth, which will cause your teeth to part in your mouth and relax. This works every time! The other thing I have to keep reminding myself is to elongate my shoulders away from my ears.
The sequence today really helped me to become reaquainted with my body with some basic poses. I have decided to stick with some short and beginner level classes for the first several weeks to make sure I am using my body correctly in each position. No matter what your level, or how long you have been practising yoga, you should always keep a "beginner's mind." Take your time with yoga and also with everything you do in life. It never hurts to go back to the beginning because there are always things you may have forgotten or overlooked.

No comments:

Post a Comment