LIVE YOUR LIFE WITH PASSION, GRACE, AND LOVE EACH AND EVERY DAY

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Yoga Everyday for a Year - DAY 7

DAY 7- One week complete! Only 51 more to go! ;) So far getting the yoga in everyday is easy, but finding the time to write can get tricky with a baby.
I finally tried yoga with Mateus today! I followed along with the new book I got called Baby Om by Laura Staton and Sarah Perron. It's yoga geared for Mothers and Babies. It's a great book with sequences to do and explanations of what to do with your baby at the same time. Plus it gives you little yoga stretches to do to your baby.
Mateus was really good for most of it. He basically just sat and played with a toy while I was doing seated stretches and twists. I had him facing me so I could have eye contact and could talk to him. I did a couple of the leg movements for him, then did a little leg massage. It tickled him and he laughed. When it got to standing poses and sun salutations, he was too active to be picked up. I left him to play on my mat, which turned into eating my mat and rolling from back to tummy. I had to keep bending down to grab him. He was good through it all and would laugh when I tickled him, which kept him interested long enough to stay in one area.
Overall it was fun but of course a different yoga experience. It was a nice connection with my little man and good for both of souls. I will definitely enjoy doing yoga with him more often now, even its for just a few minutes here and there.

No comments:

Post a Comment