LIVE YOUR LIFE WITH PASSION, GRACE, AND LOVE EACH AND EVERY DAY

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Yoga Everyday for a Year - DAY 31

DAY 31- I'm feeling a little better today, well... I can at least breath through my nose! I wasn't up to doing any asana (postures) today and just wanted to do my own thing, which was mainly pranayama (breathing) and savasana (relaxation).

I grabbed my Vicks Baby Rub (a combination of lavender oil, eucalyptus oil, and rosemary oil) and rubbed it into my neck, behind my ears, and on my chest. This helped to clear my nose and relax me. Then I turned on my Nature Sounds to "Australian Beach", an App on my iphone. I started in cross-legged pose, closed my eyes, and tuned into my breathing. I did some simple belly breathing and alternate nostril breathing. Next came a cross-legged forward fold with my forehead on the mat. The pressure of my head on the mat helped my sinuses. I didn't want to move from here, so I stayed here about 5 minutes. After this I covered myself with a blanket, put my flax seed eye pillow on my eyes and went straight to savasana. My own little sanctuary... Ahhh BLISS!!! I stayed here until my son woke up (maybe 20 minutes). This was much needed "me time!"

No comments:

Post a Comment