LIVE YOUR LIFE WITH PASSION, GRACE, AND LOVE EACH AND EVERY DAY

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Yoga Everyday for a Year - DAY 29

DAY 29 - YJ Challenge Day 21!! Last Day of the Yoga Journal Challenge!! I'm SO glad I followed through with this because the videos were awesome and I got a lot of great sequence ideas. I will go back and do some of these again for sure. I liked having a chosen video to do each day so I didn't have to think about picking one; but on the other hand there were some days where I didn't feel up to a specific sequence. Overall it was really good and I would highly recommend giving it a try!

A few things I learned from the Yoga Journal Challenge: 1) I don't have to do an hour or more of Yoga a day to reap the many benefits of Yoga. Many of the videos we did were only 20-30 minutes long. This is a more realistic amount of time for yoga everyday, especially for a busy mom like me! 2) It's ok to slow down and do simple, basic sequences. This can help me keep my "beginners mind" and make sure I am doing a pose correctly. 3) Make sure I do a gentle and relaxing sequence a couple times a week, or just simply sit and breath or meditate. This will ensure that I am getting some "rest" during my year of yoga. 4) Lots of new ideas for poses and sequences!

No comments:

Post a Comment