LIVE YOUR LIFE WITH PASSION, GRACE, AND LOVE EACH AND EVERY DAY

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Yoga Everday for a Year - DAY 17

DAY 17 - Day 9 of YJ Challenge - The sequence today is a repeat of last week's Core Focus. I feel really good today, so the Core sequence was very welcome this time. Last week I didn't feel great, so during the sequence I put "half" the effort in and rested a lot in Child's Pose. I actually love core work and usually want to include it in my practice, but ever since my pregnancy I have done very little. I had a C-section, so my abdomen is still sensitive even after nearly 6 months of resting it. Today as I really focused on what I was doing, I could still feel a little soreness. I know it will get better with time and with strengthening it.

I liked this sequence today. It is only about 18 minutes, which is a perfect amount of time to focus on the core area. If it was much longer it can get tiring; plus it is always important to remember that it is the quality of the movement, not the quantity. The instructor had a nice variation of moving in and out of plank pose. This variation really worked my arms as well as my core. This is a great tool for me to use to strengthen my arms too!

No comments:

Post a Comment